2011/04/24

Artist’s statement



My inspiration comes from my life. I like to go around and continually collect different visual information, and then transfer this information in my work. I think this is a way to record my life.

The concept of my current jewellery collection is pollution. Through these pieces, I want to convey the awareness and concern of ecological disaster. I hope that they can remind people to care about the earth, so that we can have a good environment to live in.

In my work, I abstract the appearance of pollution and try to use mixed materials to create contemporary jewellery. I want to give a feeling of pollution but also keep the beauty at the same time.

I enjoy working with materials and by exploring ways to combine different materials, I can create ‘new things’. New things always bring surprises to our life!


No comments:

Post a Comment